Aug 22, 2017
Simple egg and spinach breakfast idea
It's been a while...a lot of stuff happened in our lives, so I had to take a break from blogging, which doesn't mean that I also took a break from cooking 😋
Long story short, I have a lot of pics and a lot of healthy and tasty meals to share.
For today, a simple (but effective) breakfast idea, with three food groups included in it. You will need:
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- a bit of butter;
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach leaves, blanched (if you want, you can add a little garlic);
- 2 Tbsp sour cream;
- 1/2 tomato or red bell pepper,diced;
- 2 eggs;
- any spices of your choice (you can simply add salt and pepper or even skip the salt if you have small babies).
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease (with butter) 2 ramekins or 2 muffin tins / molds.
3. Blanch and then drain the spinach eaves. Divide in two equal parts and place them in the ramekins.
4. Add one spoonful of sour cream in each mold, then the diced tomato / bell pepper and, finally, put one egg in each ramekin.
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the egg yolk gets the desired texture. For kids it should be completely processed, to avoid the risk of salmonella. To be sure it's not runny, after 15 minutes of baking remove the ramekin from the oven, pierce the egg yolk with a knife and bake again for another 10 minutes, until the egg is completely done.