Search This Blog

May 29, 2017

Carrot cake flavoured overnight oats


I was saying in a previous post about how I made the "huge discovery" of the ideal breakfast, prepared in advance and ready in the morning, the "overnight oats". This time I tried a recipe with "carrot cake" flavor and I don't have enough words to say how wonderful it turned out. The carrot gives the oat flakes a sweetness that surprised me again (as it surprised me in the carrot cake) and the combination with cinnamon and raisins is absolutely divine. 
Inspiration from here.

Ingredients (for a 500ml jar - perfect for 2 kids):
- 1/2 cup instant rolled oats;
- 1/2 cup of milk;
- 100 ml Greek yogurt;
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese / fresh cheese / ricotta;
- 1 tsp chia seeds;
- 2 small carrots, finely grated;
- 1 tsp cinnamon;
- a few raisins.

Method:
Gently mix all ingredients in a bowl, then place them into jars and close tightly with lids. Leave in the fridge overnight.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment