Search This Blog

May 20, 2017

Overnight Oats (carob, peanut butter and banana)


Since the beginning of summer we've spent our time mostly outside so, as I don't spend so much time in the kitchen, we eat simple and quick foods, like salads with cheese and a lot of fruits. I didn't have time to write on the blog lately, I don't know how the hours fly.
Even in the mornings we seem to be much more in a hurry than before, so I started looking for some breakfast ideas that I can prepare the night before. I discovered the "overnight oats", the rolled oats hydrated over night, with different ingredients (I couldn't believe the cool texture they get, similar to a pudding)
Plus, it just takes 3 minutes to prepare them in the evening and in the morning I don't have to worry about breakfast anymore. Î

Ingredients (for one 500ml jar - perfect for 2 kids):
- 1/2 cup instant rolled oats;
- 1/2 cup of milk;
- one 150 ml jar of Greek yogurt;
- 1 tsp chia seeds;
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract;
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter;
- 2 Tbsp carob powder;
- one banana, chopped.

Method:
Gently mix all ingredients in a bowl, then place them into jars and close tightly with lids. Leave in the fridge overnight.
They had a huge success with kids, so I plan on testing them in other combinations soon.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment