Search This Blog

Aug 9, 2016

Courgette (zucchini) patties

 

I was writing in a previous post that, having some nicely colored courgettes, I got inspired to use them in some new recipes. After I made the zucchini rolls in walnut crust (recipe here), I decided to use the leftover courgettes to make some patties - a simple and quick recipe, highly appreciated by the (very) young critics :)

I used:
- 3 courgettes;
- 1 egg;
- 4 Tbsp bread crumbles;
- 1 tsp flax seeds;
- 2-3 sprigs thyme.

As I had very little time, I kept the recipe as simple as possible, but you can get creative and add any kind of vegetables, green leaves, seeds.

I peeled and grated the courgettes and drained them very well. I added the egg, the flax seeds and the bread crumbles (you can vary the quantity of bread crumbles, so that in the end you would be able to shape the patties). Set aside and let rest for 5 mins.
Form the patties and put them on a tray lined with baking paper and add the thyme sprigs. Some of the patties I left simple, while I covered some with bread crumbs. The latter had, in the end, a crunchier note.


Bake in the pre-heated oven, at 200C, for 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment