Search This Blog

Nov 24, 2016

Pumpkin vanilla cheesecake

As I was saying in a previous post, we are not big fans of simple baked pumpkin, but ever since I started to use it for different recipes, I started liking it more and more.
The idea of baking a pumpkin cheesecake came to me after visiting an amazing cake shop in Belgrade (it's called Mandarina and you can find it online here). I tasted more of their cakes, including a delicious pumpkin cheesecake, so I decided to make my own (babyfriendly a.k.a. sugar free) version of it.

For the crust I decided to use the pumpkin gingerbread dough (recipe here): half of it was enough for the cheesecake crust and half of it I made into gingerbread.
For the cheesecake you can use a cake tin with removable base or any round tin (deeper that the tart one). Roll the dough so that it covers the bottom of the tin and a little bit of the walls. Pierce it with a fork and bake it in the preheated oven, for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees. Remove from the oven and set aside until the filling is read.

Ingredients for the filling:
- 200g cream cheese;
- 200g cream;
- 250g baked pumpkin puree;
- 1 tsp Bourbon vanilla / seeds from a vanilla bean;
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel;
- 3 large eggs.

Mix all the ingredients in a food processor (or with a hand mixer) and pour the mixture in the cake tin, over the pre-baked crust. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius, in the preheated oven, for 45-50 min, until set (depending on the depth of the tin). Let the cake cool in the tin, then remove and place on a platter.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment