Search This Blog

Jul 18, 2016

Rice and fruit pudding



When I was a child, my mom used to make rice and apple pudding, which was a major delight. A few days ago I thought I would make a similar recipe for my girls.

You need one cup of integral rice, 2 cups of milk (you can use vegan milk as well), some bourbon vanilla, cinammon and at least 3 apples +/- any other fruit (I had some peaches that were really ripe and I needed to get rid of them :))).

*you can add sugar, if you wish, I avoid to give it to my kids, for us the sweetness from the fruit is enough.

The integral rice takes pretty long to boil, so boiled it partially in water and then (while it is still al dente), drain it, add the milk and boil it again until the milk evaporats, the rice becoms soft and the mixture gets a bit sticky. Turn off the heat and add some vanilla.

In the meantime, grate the apples / chop the other fruits.
In a Pyrex pot thinly coated with butter, put a layer of rice (1/2 of the quantity), then add the apples (no need to drain them, the resulting juice adds some sweetness to the rice) and other fruits, sprinkle with cinnamon and top with the remaining rice. Bake in the oven until it forms a crust.

Let it cool down and then store in the fridge. You can serve it with homemade whipped cream or coconut cream.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment