Search This Blog

Jul 12, 2016

Broccoli and cauliflower pizza



My daughter had been asking for "pizza, pizza, pizza" for the past 3 days, so I decided to make some cauliflower and broccoli pizza, as it's a healthy and baby friendly alternative to classic pizza (not that I don't enjoy a quattro formaggi from time to time).
I had made cauliflower pizzas before, but this time I adapted a recipe from a Romanian food blogger, mrs. Laura Adamache (http://www.lauraadamache.ro/2015/01/mini-pizza-de-conopida.html#_) and I made mini-pizzas, as they are easier to handle by kids.
So what you need for this recipe is:
- 600g boiled cauliflower and broccoli mix
- 200g mozarella cheese (for babies choose the one containing as little salt as possible)
- one egg
- a pinch of dry basil
- a pinch of dry oregano
*for adults you can add salt and pepper, by taste
- toppings of your choice: I used slices of tomato, mushrooms and onion

Method: Boil the cauliflower until it becomes very soft, drain well (you can press it in a colander or use a cloth / paper) and mash it. Grate the mozarella and mix it with the cauliflower puree, the egg and the spices.



Line a baking tray with paper and form the mini-pizzas. Use the shape that you like, but consider that the pizza has to be around 6 mm thick.


Bake them in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, at 180 degrees C (they are ready when they become golden).

Add the toppings of your choice and place them back in the oven for a few minutes.


Et voila!


I served them with grilled sea bream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment