Search This Blog

Oct 14, 2016

Turkey roll with cauliflower filling


I bought some turkey fillets and cauliflower as I wanted to experiment a new tart (as I said before, tarts / quiches are my new passion :)))) I feel I could add almost any ingredient to a tart and I like to get creative). But I gave it some thought and I decided to take a break from the floury recipes and to make a turkey roll instead. The experiment succeeded, as proven by the empty plates :)).

Ingredients:
- 500g turkey fillets;
- 3-4 cauliflower florrets;
- 70g grated hard cheese;
- one egg.

Method:
Steam or boil the cauliflower florets until smooth then dry them with a paper towel. Place the florets in a blender then pulse a few times, until you get a grainy texture. Add the result to a strainer and press with a spoon, to eliminate as much water as possible. Place them in a bowl and add 50g grated cheese.
In a separate bowl whisk an egg, then add about 1/2 of it to the cauliflower and cheese mixture and mix well.
 Tap the turkey fillets with a paper towel until completely dry. Add a spoonful of the cauliflower filling (or more, as much as the fillet's shape and size allows so that it can be rolled).


Roll and fix the ends with toothpicks so that they will maintain the shape while baking.







Use the remaining egg to coat the rolls and sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese on top.

Bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius, until they get a golden crust (you can increase the temperature for the last few minutes to make the crust crispier). 

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment