Search This Blog

Oct 28, 2016

Pumpkin muffins



I had half of a baked Hokkaido pumpkin left in the fridge (from the day I made the pumpkin gingerbread - recipe here) so I decided to bake some quick muffins. "Quick" is the key word here, as I baked them in the late evening, after the girls went to sleep. That is the only time of day when I can peacefully cook or take care of other chores but, if I also want to get some sleep, I need to make do with simple and quick recipes. And, as I wanted the kids to enjoy more the muffins, I used some spring themed molds that they like, with ladybugs, butterflies and flowers.

Ingredients:
- 250g baked Hokkaido pumpkin, mashed;
- 4 eggs;
- 300g flour;
- 2 tsp baking powder;
- 100g ground walnuts;
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon;
- 125 ml oil (I used 50 ml coconut oil and 75 ml olive oil).

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. You can also use a food processor to blend everything, but I prefered to have a rougher texture, so I can feel the pumpkin pieces in the muffins.
Pour the mixture into silicon molds or in classical molds lined with special paper. Bake in the preheated oven, at 190 degrees Celsius until they pass the toothpick test. Let them cool a bit in the molds, remove and place on a plate.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment